STS Academia is 100% owned by STS Academy, a business entity registered in the Republic of Singapore.
STS Academia respects your privacy and is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act passed by the Singapore Government in October 2012.
STS Academia respects and honours our stakeholders including shareholders, sponsors, partners, and students; their right to be treated courteously, fairly and have their privacy protected.
We understand that information provided by you is confidential, thus all personal data collected is only accessed by authorised personnel.
In order for us to provide you with the full range of services, share related information and for communication purposes, we need to confirm your consent to receive information from us via specific marketing channels. This is in line with the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) guidelines on Personal Data Protection (PDP) / Do Not Call (DNC) consent.
STS Academia allows sponsors, partners, organizations, and students to remove their name from mailing lists at any point in time.
Types of Information Collected, Used, Disclosed and Purposes
STS Academia collects personal information so that we can provide an experience that is responsive and customized to your needs. Examples of personal information we collect include:
- Personal data about you, contact details, and NRIC / FIN, Passport for students to enable us to issue certificates of attendance, participation or achievement.
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications used by STS Academia
STS Academia may also collect video footage, still images, or audio recordings (“Audio Visual Material”) of you recorded in the course of any training, events, activities, or other services rendered by STS Academia, our partners and staff. The Audio Visual Material form part of the personal information collected by STS Academia.
The purposes for which STS Academia collects, uses and discloses personal information include:
- To provide, operate and administer STS Academia services, or to process applications for STS Academia services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff;
- To maintain accurate customer, student information and enable customised experiences that meet your preferences and needs;
- Sending you marketing information via email, text message and/or phone call about our services and notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions;
- For use in promotional and marketing material distributed by STS Academia whether online or offline, including but not limited to posts on social media, print or electronic copies of newsletters and brochures, promotional video advertisements and print advertisements;
- To facilitate product development and service refinements via your feedback, data analysis and market research;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- For safety, legal and regulatory compliance; and
Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
If STS Academia needs to use your personal data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
This Policy applies to all personal data that you may provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. By providing us with your personal data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such personal data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this Policy.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in writing, via mail or email.
Do note, in many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require or have requested. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you do not accept this Policy (or any amendments thereto) or withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested.
Should you have any enquiries or concerns, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org